Walorski honors Roger Panning with seven military service awards
WABASH, IN –Congresswoman Jackie Walorski today presented Wabash veteran Roger Panning with seven military service awards at a ceremony in the Wabash County Courthouse, joined by Veteran Service Officer Cam Lochner, American Legion Post 15 Chaplain Jim Black, and the Wabash County Honor Guard.
“When our nation calls, Hoosiers are amongst the first to respond,” said Walorski, a member of the House Armed Services Committee. “I am deeply humbled to award Mr. Panning with these much deserved military awards, and extend my sincere gratitude to his family for their support.”
Mr. Panning completed basic training at Fort Knox in Kentucky, and went on to serve as a crewchief and gunner on a “Huey” helicopter in Vietnam as a member of the 35th Engineer Group. After flying over 329 hours for over eight months, he returned safely home.
Congresswoman Walorski presented Mr. Panning with the following awards:
- Air Medal with Numeral “3”
- National Defense Service Medal
- Vietnam Service Medal with one Bronze Service Star
- Meritorious Unit Commendation
- Expert Badge with Rifle Bar
- Marksman Badge with Auto Rifle Bar
- Republic of Vietnam Campaign Medal with “60” Device