Tour also included stops in Rochester, Knox and LaPorte
MISHAWAKA – Rep. Jackie Walorski (IN-02) today conducted a tour throughout Indiana’s Second Congressional District to recognize recipients of her ‘Who’s Who in IN-02’ initiative. Since July, Walorski has highlighted notable Hoosiers, companies, and organizations making valuable contributions in the Second Congressional District.
“Our district is full of amazing people who are doing some pretty incredible things,” Walorski said. “Today was a small way for me to personally thank recipients for their outstanding achievements in our community.”
Over the course of the day, Walorski visited with a number of recipients including:
- Harry Webb, in Rochester, who along with the Citizens Action Committee, has partnered with local and state officials and pharmacies to reduce sales of pseudoephedrine, the active ingredient in meth. Watch Walorski honor Webb on the House floor.
- David Lawson, in Rochester, a volunteer firefighter who last month to save a family from a burning home. Watch Walorski honor Lawson on the House floor.
- Ron Gifford, in Knox, the Director of the Starke County Initiative for Lifelong Learning Center who has dedicated his life’s work to creating a trained and skilled workforce for northern Indiana. Watch Walorski honoring Gifford on the House floor.
- Paula Nichols, in LaPorte, the Director of the South LaPorte County Special Education Cooperative for her work to provide services to students with disabilities. Watch Walorski honor Nichols on the House floor.
- Beiger Bots Team at Beiger Elementary School, in Mishawaka, for winning their FIRST Lego League State Championship. Watch Walorksi honor the Beiger Bots team on the House floor.
“I’m continuously amazed by what local Hoosiers in my district accomplish each day,” Walorski said. “None of these people do what they do for recognition, they do it for the greater good and today I wanted to highlight their work to not only improve our communities, but make life better for us all.”
Click here to view photos from Walorski’s ‘Who’s Who’ tour.
Walorski recognizes recipients of her weekly ‘Who’s Who’ initiative. From L to R, First Row: Walorski with Paula Nichols, Director of the South LaPorte County Special Education Cooperative; Walorski with Ron Gifford, Director of SCILL (third from feft); Walorski with the Beiger Bots team from Beiger Elementary. 2nd Row: Walorski with David Lawson, volunteer firefighter at Rochester Fire Department (third from left); Walorski with Harry Webb (fourth from left).
Walorski represents the 2nd Congressional District in Indiana, where she serves as a member of the House Veterans’ Affairs Committee, House Armed Services Committee and House Committee on Agriculture.