Walorski Statement on President Trump’s State of the Union Address
WASHINGTON – U.S. Rep. Jackie Walorski (R-Ind.) today released the following statement on President Trump’s State of the Union Address:
“President Trump delivered an optimistic message about our country’s future and renewed his commitment to preserving and strengthening the American Dream.
“Our economy is booming, with more jobs and higher wages for hardworking Americans and new opportunities for our farmers, manufacturers, and small businesses. I stand ready to work with the president to continue building on that momentum and ensure working families have every opportunity to thrive, including by expanding access to paid family leave.
“President Trump has been steadfast as commander-in-chief in the face of national security threats from terrorists and rogue regimes, and his leadership in rebuilding our military has made our country safer. I look forward to continuing our work together to strengthen our national security, support our servicemembers, and ensure our veterans get the care and services they earned.
“The president’s agenda is one that puts the American people first and keeps our country on the path to a better, stronger, and more prosperous future. It’s time for Congress to put divisiveness and partisanship aside so we can make this bold vision a reality.”
Republicans in Congress and President Trump have worked together to achieve key victories for the American people, including:
- Setting the stage for the strongest economy and job market in decades through historic tax cuts for working families and small businesses;
- Passing USMCA, a historic deal to modernize North American trade and level the
- playing field for American workers, farmers, and manufacturers;
- Continuing the rebuilding of our military and giving servicemembers their biggest pay raise in a decade;
- Repealing Obamacare taxes that were driving up the cost of health care, including the job-killing medical device tax and the burdensome health insurance tax;
- Overhauling the IRS to hold its leaders accountable, modernize its IT systems, and put service to taxpayers first; and
- Providing states the resources and flexibility needed to transform the nation’s foster care systems and put families first.
Congresswoman Walorski is committed to continuing to work with President Trump to find commonsense solutions for Hoosiers, including:
- Helping working families thrive by passing pro-worker, pro-family legislation to expand paid family leave benefits without raising taxes or imposing inflexible mandates;
- Investing in our nation’s infrastructure through innovative, cost-effective financing mechanisms;
- Lowering the cost of health care and prescription drugs while expanding patient choice and supporting innovative research to find new cures;
- Standing up for the sanctity of life and defending the unborn, including by passing the Dignity for Aborted Children Act; and
- Ensuring our brave veterans get the care, benefits, and services they earned.
Walorski represents the 2nd Congressional District of Indiana, serving as a member of the House Ways and Means Committee.