Thank you for your interest in the U.S. service academies.
As your representative in Congress, each year I have the privilege of nominating a limited number of students from Indiana’s 2nd District to four of the five U.S. service academies: the U.S. Military Academy in West Point, N.Y.; the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis, Md.; the U.S. Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, Colo.; and the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy in Kings Point, N.Y. The fifth service academy, the U.S. Coast Guard Academy in New London, Conn., does not require a congressional nomination for appointment.
Service Academy Night
Have questions about applying to a military service academy? Join my staff and service academy officials to get answers!
Thursday, September 5, 2019
5:30 – 7:30 p.m. ET
Mishawaka Public Library
209 Lincolnway East
Mishawaka, IN 46544
To request a military academy nomination from my office, please follow the instructions below to submit an application.
My office is currently accepting applications for the upcoming year. The deadline to submit an application for next year is October 31, 2019.
Before starting the application process with my office, please contact the service academy or academies of your choice and request that they start your candidate file.
In order to be eligible for a nomination, you must be a U.S. citizen between the ages of 17 and 23, a resident of Indiana’s 2nd Congressional District, and unmarried with no dependents. You must also be in excellent academic standing and of high moral character. Acceptance of a service academy appointment requires a commitment of four years at an academy, followed by at least five years of military service.
For more information about the nomination process, you can visit the Military Service Academy Nominations FAQ page. If you have additional questions or need assistance with the application, please call my office at (574) 204-2645.
To request a service academy nomination from my office, please follow these instructions carefully. Applications are due by October 31, 2019.
- Contact the service academy to which you would like to be nominated. Inform them you want to apply, and ask them to start your candidate file.
- Complete the form below. Your work cannot be saved, so be sure to have all the necessary information before you begin filling out the form. Please note fields with an asterisk (*) are required.
- When you have completed the form, click Generate Application. (NOTE: If the completed application does not appear, please click the refresh button on your browser.)
- Check that all the information is correct. To make changes, click the Back button on your browser. Once everything is correct, print the page.
- After you have printed your application, you must read and sign the Application Agreement at the end. Print a second copy for your records.
- Also include the following items with your application:
- Current photo
- High school transcript
- Official copies of American College Testing Program (ACT) results and/or College Board Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) results
- Resume of extracurricular activities
- An essay stating why you want to attend a service academy (500 words or less)
- Minimum of three letters of recommendation
- Mail the completed and signed application to:
Office of Congresswoman Jackie Walorski
Attn: Academy Nominations
202 Lincolnway East, Suite #101
Mishawaka, IN 46544
- You will be contacted in October or November to schedule an interview.
**NOTE: If the completed application does not appear, please click the refresh button on your browser. You may also click here to print the application and fill out by hand.