Help with a Federal Agency

We’re here to serve you.

Congresswoman Jackie WalorskiIf you can’t get an answer from a federal agency in a timely fashion, or if you feel you have been treated unfairly, my staff and I may be able to assist you.

Residents of Indiana’s 2nd Congressional District can contact my office for help resolving issues with a federal agency, such as obtaining Social Security, Medicare, or veterans benefits. To request casework assistance, please complete the appropriate Privacy Release Form below, print and sign it, and mail it to my office.

While we cannot guarantee you a favorable outcome, we will do our best to help you receive a fair and timely response to your problem.

Please do not hesitate to contact me or call my office at (574) 204-2645 if you have any questions.

Request Casework Assistance

To request casework assistance, please complete the Privacy Release Form, which you can download here.

Please note, we have special Privacy Release Forms for certain casework issues:

When you have printed, completed, and signed the appropriate form, including all relevant information, please mail or fax it to my office so my staff can assist you.

Please provide all relevant information and claim numbers, including:

  • Your Social Security number for a case involving Social Security;
  • Your Veterans Affairs claim number for a case with Department of Veterans Affairs;
  • Your taxpayer identification number (Social Security number, if individual) for an Internal Revenue Service problem, etc.;
  • Your address, home phone number, and daytime phone number (if different than home) so that we can obtain any additional information from you that might be necessary; and
  • Copies of any related documents or correspondence that you may have from the agency involved.

When you have completed and signed the form, please mail it (and relevant documents) to my office:

Office of Congresswoman Jackie Walorski
Attn: Casework Assistance Request
2410 Grape Rd. Suite 2A
Mishawaka, IN 46545

You may also fax it to (574) 217-8735.

PLEASE NOTE: The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual’s case. We must have your signature to proceed with this type of request.

How can we can help?

  • Obtaining Social Security, Medicare, or veterans benefits
  • Getting information about Small Business Administration loans
  • Resolving tax matters with the IRS
  • Requesting a passport or visa
  • Dealing with other federal agencies

We are unable to assist with:

  • Problems with state and local agencies, including unemployment benefits, Medicaid, and food stamps
  • Matters before a court, including criminal and civil cases
  • Legal assistance or representation


Congresswoman Jackie Walorskitw-imgCongresswoman Jackie WalorskiCongresswoman Jackie Walorski

Get News & Updates